2. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
3. In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another bowl, whip the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Once the mixture is softened, beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until the mixture becomes light and creamy.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) with the wet ingredients (butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla) until the batter has the typical consistency of traditional cookie dough.
6. Gently stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
7.Using one spoon, scoop up about 1/4 cup size of cookie dough. Grab a second spoon to maneuver the cookie dough off of the other spoon and drop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. I like to drop my cookies about 3 inches apart.
8. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
9. You will want to watch the cookies and wait until the edges are just browned over and the outside edge have crisped over. Also, be careful to not over-bake these.
10. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then move them to cool completely on a wire rack.