Special thanks to Del Real Foods for providing me with free ingredients for this recipe.
TGIF! What are your plans for this weekend? Adam and I are planning on cleaning the house and packing for our vacation coming up next week. I've spent a good deal of my time this week finishing up some projects with the blog, and my time has been limited when dinner rolls around; lately, it seems like I just don't have enough hours in the day to make meals on top of everything else I'm already doing, but I'm so stoked to be sharing this 30 minutes or less meal with you: chicken and rice lettuce wraps!
It's been really awesome that I've had the chance to cook with Del Real Foods throughout this month--their food is delicious, high-quality, and perfect for my meal planning! I'm eager for the Del Real recipe contest to start, and I have my fingers crossed I can take home an award for one of my recent Del Real recipes I've shared on the blog. There will be voting links announced soon as well--I'll be sure to let you all know when the voting links so live, so you can check out all of the other blogger recipes too!
Chicken and Rice Lettuce Wraps
- 2-4 large pieces of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of Del Real Foods Arroz
- 1 cup of Del Real Foods Shredded Chicken
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Wash and prepare your romaine lettuce and dry off with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Heat up your Del Real Foods Shredded Chicken in the microwave.
- Remove the chicken from the microwave, drain from the packaging, and then season with black pepper and seasoned salt.
- Heat up your Del Real Foods Arroz in the microwave.
- Place your rice and chicken on top of a piece of romaine lettuce, and then wrap it like you would a burrito. Serve and enjoy!
This arroz is my new favorite microwaved rice, too. I've already this rice in some burritos and quesadillas and it's been stellar! It's definitely safe to say I'll be buying more Del Real Foods Arroz soon.