Special thanks to Kneaders Tempe for the free ingredients!
Happy Monday! I know, it's hard getting back into the daily grind. But seriously, this is why we have comfort food! Adam and I had a stellar weekend, and we'll be cooking up some hearty, cheesy penne pasta and chicken bread bowls for dinner tonight!
The first time I tried Kneaders bread was at the most recent Arizona bloggers meet up event. Ever since that night, I've been wanting to incorporate their Sourdough Bun into a recipe--well, Kneaders Tempe was kind enough to give me the ingredients I needed to share this delicious recipe with you today! Their Sourdough Bun (from their selection of Artisan Breads baked fresh daily) is seriously so versatile--my favorite way to use their bun is as a bread bowl! Adam was excited to come up with this recipe and help me out with the photos from today's post, so if you think he did a good job with this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below and let him know!
Cheesy Penne Pasta and Chicken Bread Bowl
- 1 Kneaders Sourdough Bun
- 1 cup of penne pasta
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of cheese powder
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- A pinch of parsley flakes (optional)
- Carve out a hole in the Kneaders Sourdough Bun. Be careful not to pierce the sides or bottom of the bun, as to prevent any leaking (this way, the bread bowl can be used in lieu of a regular bowl or plate to hold the penne pasta and chicken).
- Boil penne in water in a stovetop pot, and cook through until it's reached your desired texture.
- Drain excess water from stovetop pot, leaving just the penne pasta.
- Pour and mix in whipping cream, cheddar cheese, and cheese powder with cooked pasta.
- Heat a medium stovetop pan to medium heat, and cook chicken breast all the way through.
- Chop up the chicken when fully cooked, and mix it in with the cheesy pasta.
- Serve inside of the Kneaders Sourdough Bun--and when you're done eating your penne pasta and chicken, enjoy the rest of your Kneaders Sourdough Bun with some leftover melted cheese!
What's your favorite kind of bread bowl?
Follow us on Pinterest for updates!