This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HappyBlending #CollectiveBias
One thing you should know about me is that I love to incorporate Southwestern flavors as much as I can! Living in Phoenix is so fun, and I love to embrace every aspect of the culture here. Today, I'm sharing my "Valley of the Sun" Smoothie recipe; this sweet and spicy smoothie encompasses some of Arizona's favorite flavor profiles including: mango, jalapeño, and peach!
Jalapeños are seriously my favorite! I will eat them in everything--Adam thinks that the reason the two of us almost never get a cold is because we eat lots of jalapeños, but really I think it's because we don't have kids bringing germs home haha
This smoothie is perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up, or if you really need to kick start your day--it does have a little bit of a spicy flavor profile, and that's all because it includes a half of a jalapeño pepper in it (so if you want to give this recipe a try but are hesitant it will be too spicy, remove the jalapeño and substitute with a banana).
"Valley of the Sun" Smoothie
- 1/2 cup of plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper (no seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of extra fine sugar
- 1 mango
- 1 peach
- De-seed your jalapeño by cutting off the top, and then dividing the pepper into two slices (vertically). Pick out the seeds.
- Divide and cut up the mango and peach.
- Toss jalapeño, mango, and peach into the blender. Blend on low for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in Chobani Greek Yogurt.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, and then medium for 30-second intervals until you've reached your desired texture (approximately 2 minutes).
Jalapeños are packed with Vitamin C, and the Chobani Greek Yogurt is
Chobani Greek Yogurt is so versatile! When I go down to Fry's to buy some, I used it for baking, cooking, as well as when I want to whip up a yummy smoothie (like the "Valley of the Sun" smoothie!)
Follow us on Pinterest for updates!