Special thanks to Kneaders Tempe for the free ingredients!
It's nearly the end of the week, but I've still got a lot of exciting things in store! There are loads of things to look forward to this weekend, and I'm especially excited for Blended Conference! I'll be attending a number of events leading up to the conference and throughout the weekend, so I decided to cook up some cheddar jalapeño soup for Adam before I abandon him for 72 hours to hang out with my blogger friends! Today, I'm sharing my recipe for this rich, hearty cheddar jalapeño soup--and I'm serving it up in a Sourdough Bun from Kneaders Tempe!
This soup is delightfully hearty and has a nice kick to it! The jalapeño is not too overpowering, and it compliments the flavor of the cheddar so well!
Cheddar Jalapeño Soup in a Bread Bowl
- 1 Kneaders Sourdough Bun
- 2 jalapeños
- 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Chop up your jalapeños, remove the seeds, and continue to dice the jalapeños.
- In a large stovetop pan, heat chicken broth on low.
- Pour the garlic powder, ground cumin, cilantro, and heavy cream into the pan. Mix well.
- Use a food processor to combine diced jalapeños and cheddar cheese together.
- Slowly pour and stir in the jalapeño/cheddar mix into the pan. Then add in flour. Mix well.
- Simmer your soup on your stovetop for 10-15 minutes on low. Bring the temperature up right before you're ready to serve. Enjoy your cheddar jalapeño soup in a sourdough bun for added yumminess!
Have you ever tried jalapeño in a soup before?
Other recipes you may like:
Follow us on Pinterest for updates!