TGIF! Can you believe the week is over already? I have some big plans this weekend that include wearing pajamas and eating comfort food! Adam and I are going to a local taco festival on Sunday too, so it's basically just going to be a weekend filled with good food and relaxation.
With that spirit in mind, I give you my latest comfort food obsession: cheese and bacon loaded tater tots! This recipe is seriously so easy to make and this snack is da bomb dot com!
Cheese? Check! Bacon? Check! This recipe has my two, favorite savory ingredients in it and the recipe is literally so easy anyone can make it!
Cheese and Bacon Loaded Tater Tots
*makes 1 serving
- 2 cups of frozen tater tots
- 1/2 cup of nacho queso cheese dip
- 2 slices of bacon
- Cook your bacon as you normally would (e.g. on the stovetop or microwave). Set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to bake your frozen tater tots. I buy my big tater tots bag from my grocery store, and it has the directions for what temperature to bake them at on the package (as should yours).
- Spread your frozen tater tots out in an oven-friendly skillet or pan.
- Bake your tater tots without anything on them, minus 2-3 minutes the expected time it takes to bake them (e.g. if it says bake at 450 for 10 minutes, bake at 450 for 8 minutes).
- Remove the hot and semi-cooked tater tots from the oven a few minutes form being finished, and then coat them in your nacho queso cheese dip.
- Crumble your pre-made bacon into smaller pieces and bits, and sprinkle them all over your tater tots.
- Bake for the remaining time it takes to cook your tater tots. If you want to add a little bit more brownness to make them more crispy, broil them on high for an additional 30-60 seconds!
Share this post with someone who has an obsession with bacon and cheese!
Other posts you may like:
Follow us on Pinterest for updates!