Puppy chow has been around for a while now. I was browsing on Pinterest the other day looking for a puppy chow recipe with white chocolate and marshmallow and hadn't found one. Today, I'm sharing my Valentine's Day inspired puppy chow recipe I came up with: white chocolate covered wheat cereal, tossed with powdered sugar and paired with strawberry and marshmallow flavors!
Now that Christmas is over, I can focus on preparing for my second favorite holiday: Valentine's Day! Check out the recipe for my White Chocolate, Marshmallow and Strawberry Puppy Chow below:
White Chocolate, Marshmallow and Strawberry Puppy Chow
- 2 cups of checkerboard square wheat cereal
- 3 cups of white chocolate melts
- 2 cups of white powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of M&M's® Strawberry
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in your checkerboard square wheat cereal.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat your white chocolate melts on low heat. Mix with a spatula as the chocolate melts on low until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour the white chocolate over the wheat cereal. Use the spatula to gently toss and coat the cereal in chocolate.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a large, plastic resealable bag. Pour the melted chocolate cereal into the bag and properly close the plastic bag. Double check to ensure the bag is fully closed. Then, toss the cereal with the powdered sugar in the bag for about a minute.
- Lay the powdered cereal mix onto a baking sheet to allow the chocolate to harden/cool
- Toss the powdered cereal in a bowl with miniature marshmallow and M&M's® Strawberry.
Have you ever had puppy chow? What's your favorite kind?
Comment below and let us know!
Follow us on Pinterest for updates!