Cheese and potatoes--the greatest marriage of flavors that has ever been discovered.
Seriously, I think my death bed request for my final meal will be some form of cheese and potatoes. Because when I think of cheese and potatoes together, I think about the ultimate comfort food. These Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes are ooey, gooey and crispy in all the right places. Baked potatoes will never be the same in our house--today, I'm sharing the recipe for these cheesy baked, hasselback potatoes!
- Russett potatoes
- Unsalted butter
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees (F).
- Wash and dry your potatoes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the potatoes about 3/4 of the way (make slices into them, but don't cut all the way so that it becomes separated from the rest of the potato). Cut all the way to the other side.
- Slice a small sliver of butter and place it in-between two slices of potato. Repeat until there is a small piece of butter in between each slice.
- Grab a small handful of cheddar cheese and place some shredded cheese in between each layer and place it on top of the butter. Repeat until there is cheese in between each potato slice.
- Pour about 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil on top of each potato.
- Sprinkle each potato with a small amount of salt.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top of each potato before baking.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for 45-55 minutes (check tenderness of potato after 45 mins).
- Serve hot and with your favorite potato toppings! (Adam's favorite is sour cream and chive)
These Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes are seriously so good! When Adam and I made these the other day, it hit the spot and satisfied our cravings for fast food (we're really trying to cut back on that).
Adam and I have been thinking that these potatoes would be a great side dish to serve at a smaller Super Bowl party. We're planning on hosting a party for the big game, and I know that our friends love cheese. And potatoes. So yeah, it's kind of a no-brainer! I'm definitely going to make these hasselback potatoes for our Super Bowl party!
What are some of your favorite cheesy potato foods? Another favorite of mine is cheesy tater tots! Be sure to comment below and let me know what some of your favorite other recipe ideas are!
What's your "last meal" request? Mine is definitely some form of cheese and potatoes! Comment below and let us know.