Cheese? Check. Pasta casserole? Check check.
When it's the middle of the week and my to-do list is a mile long, I just need to get back to the basics when I'm making dinner and spend as little time in the kitchen as possible; when I'm super busy, I don't have time to spend an hour on dinner prep. I just want to bake dinner and get it on the table so Adam doesn't feel like I'm trying to starve him. This Cheesy Pasta Casserole recipe is delicious and more often than not I prepare this recipe when I have a limited amount of time (and funds) to make dinner! It's not the most elegant recipe I've shared on the blog, but it is definitely a crowd pleaser!
Here's What You'll Need:
Cheesy Pasta Casserole
- 4 cups of penne pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups of tomato spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup of Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup of Colby cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Prepare pasta in a stovetop pot and drain excess water.
- Pour about 2 cups of pasta into the casserole, and cover with 3/4 cup of sauce.
- Sprinkle about half of each cheese on top.
- Pour in remaining pasta, and then pour in the remaining sauce. Pour in whipping cream and mix with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses all over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until it's heated through.
- Serve while it's warm and enjoy!
This Cheesy Pasta Casserole takes under 30 minutes for me to make. I'll also note that this is one of our go-to dinner recipes when Adam and I are tight on our budget since the cost of the ingredients can be low when you buy in bulk. But aside from costing under $15 to make this meal, this casserole is true comfort food! Anything that is cheesy and warm is especially delicious this time of year.
What's your favorite casserole recipe?
Just a friendly reminder that this post contains affiliate links--it doesn't cost extra, and if you purchase from these links you can show your support for the Our Mini Family blog!