If you've never had slow cooker drumsticks, stop whatever you are doing right now and check this out!
My slow cooker has been a serious game-changer. Not only has owning a slow cooker helped reduce my cooking time, but the quality of my cooking has skyrocketed ever since I started using it regularly. There is nothing better than having chicken that is so tender it falls right off of the bone. Earlier this week, Adam and I made these Slow Cooker Habanero Spicy Chicken Drumsticks and they are insanely delicious!
These spicy, habanero chicken drumsticks are hot, flavorful, and very tender.
Here's What You'll Need:
*Ingredients for 3 drumsticks--double/triple ingredients list as necessary for more servings.
- 3 chicken drumsticks, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of habanero powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of dehydrated onion (powder substitute is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dehydrated garlic (powder substitute is fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Wash and dry the drumsticks and set them aside.
- In a small bowl mix habanero powder, onion, garlic, and salt together. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Rub chicken in olive oil. Coat evenly.
- Pour spice mix onto a plate. Roll the chicken in the spice mix and cover the entire drumstick in spices. Repeat for each drumstick.
- Place drumsticks in the slow cooker. Pour the broth around the chicken (do not pour it on top of them, as to avoid washing away the spices).
- Cook in the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adam and I like to prepare this habanero spice blend for a lot of different recipes--we've used these spices to prepare all kinds of dishes including chicken, pork, vegetables, and we have even added it to some pasta recipes too!
If you like spicy food, Adam and I highly recommend that you add this recipe to your list of foods to try! This recipe has a lot of heat to it, and when I asked Adam for help to describe how spicy it is he said, "it is so spicy it makes your eyes water like you just watched Toy Story 3!" So there you have it, folks. My husband says these drumsticks are so spicy it will bring you to tears of joy (much like the ending of Toy Story 3).
Share this recipe with someone you know who loves their food hot and with a side of spicy!
How do you usually cook your drumsticks? Comment below and let us know!