Mondays are tough for sure, but when I start my week off on the right foot I am always more likely to have a more productive week. Last week I talked a little bit about my goals for the year (like snacking smarter), and how I have been making small steps here and there to help get the nutrition I need; mornings like today I like to start my day off by actually sitting down to have a quick breakfast, and I grab my planner and start drafting my to-do list for the day. When I have a physical outline in front of me that tells me what I need to get done for the day, it helps me remain focused on my goals (and gives me the satisfaction of being able to literally cross items off of my list once I've completed them!)
Today, I'm sharing a yummy smoothie recipe I have been enjoying in the mornings while I write my to-do list. This Chocolate Pecan Pie Smoothie recipe is sweet, nutritious, and has less than 375 calories and 30g sugar per serving!
- 1/4 cup of pecans (210 calories, 1 gram of sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of light maple syrup (25 calories, 6 grams of sugar)
- 1 cup of organic almond milk (30 calories, 3.5 grams of sugar)
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed (35 calories, 0 grams of sugar)
- 1/2 of a packet of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Rich Milk Chocolate powder (65 calories, 9.5 grams of sugar)
- Either chop up or grind pecan halves into small pieces of pecan.
- Combine pecans, maple syrup, almond milk, ice cubes, flax seed, and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Rich Milk Chocolate powder in a large blender.
- Mix ingredients in blender for 1-2 minutes or it's until smooth.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Either chop up or grind pecan halves into small pieces of pecan. I use my blender attachment to grind them up into smaller pieces that dissolve better into my smoothie, but just enough so that it still gives me that pecan pie flavor that I want.
Combine pecans, maple syrup, almond milk, ice cubes, flax seed, and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Rich Milk Chocolate powder in a large blender. Mix ingredients in blender for 1-2 minutes or it's until smooth.
Serve your Chocolate Pecan Pie Smoothie chilled and enjoy! It's so sweet and tastes like the chocolate pecan pie my aunt used to make for us all of the time.
When I start my morning off with Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, that means I'll get moving a lot faster. Admittedly, I used to skip breakfast all of the time. But since I have started to take the time to have a nutritional breakfast, I have noticed that I am a lot more focused in the mornings and able to plow through my to-do list before the day is over.
Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is encouraging everyone to get into a better breakfast routine--I'd love it if you took the 7-Day Breakfast Challenge with me and entered the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Sweepstakes! Ready to get started? Read more below.
Follow these easy steps:
- Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
- Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day
- Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
- Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
Last time I shopped at Walmart, I picked up the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Rich Milk Chocolate powder and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Ready-to-Drink Bottles. Adam and I try to keep the powders in our pantry at all times, since we really like to add them to our smoothies.
I've been taking the 7-Day Breakfast Challenge because I have found that it has helped me work toward my goal of not skipping breakfast! Now anytime that I do not have any sort of breakfast in the morning, I have noticed that I get really irritable and my mind wanders just before lunch time. I'd love if you took a moment to leave a comment below if you are thinking about taking the 7-Day Breakfast Challenge, too!