Last week, Adam and I grilled up some delicious, chorizo burgers with SeaPak® shrimp on top. Today, I'm sharing our burger recipe with all of you so that you can try it, too. This Mexican Chorizo Burger with Shrimp is a flavor explosion where Southwestern flavor meets coastal-inspired flavor! With chorizo seasonings and Mexican-inspired toppings, this burger recipe aims to please.
Mexican Chorizo Burger with Shrimp
*makes 4 burgers
- 1 pound of chorizo (or, you can use hamburger meat and prepare with chorizo seasonings--check out how I prepare my own chorizo seasonings here)
- 4 slices of gouda cheese
- About 8 pieces of lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups of pico de gallo
- 2 medium-sized red tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced jalapeños
- 4 burger buns
- 2 cups of pre-cooked, SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp
- Shape the uncooked meat into burger patties.
- Grill the burgers until they are well done (or done to your likeness), and then place a slice of cheese on every burger and keep it warm so the cheese will melt on top.
- Prepare your burger toppings. Start by layering lettuce on top of the bottom bun, followed by some pico de gallo.
- Then, place some tomato and jalapeño slices on top.
- Place your burger on top, and then top it off with some pre-cooked SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp.
- Finish your burger by adding the final half of the bun. Enjoy!
Start by shaping the uncooked meat into quarter pound burger patties. Since it's warm enough to grill outside, Adam and I grilled our chorizo burgers on the patio. Once they were just about done, we added some gouda cheese on top of our burgers and let the cheese melt.
Mexican-inspired burger toppings are my favorite because I love a burger with a little bit of heat to it. We added some lettuce, pico de gallo, tomato, and jalapeño to our burger and topped it off with some yummy SeaPak shrimp! Shrimp on a burger may seem like an odd condiment to use, but it's so palatable and reminds me of coastal recipes like we used to enjoy when we lived in Boston by the ocean!
Shopping for shrimp at Walmart is convenient for me--I can pick up my SeaPak party size boxes of shrimp right in the frozen aisle. For a long time, I had no idea that I could find quality seafood products in the frozen section at Walmart but now it has been a regular must-have on my grocery list.
Know someone who will enjoy this recipe? Share it with a friend!
What other recipes do you think need to #ShrimpItUp?