Next time you make nachos, save some of that extra nacho cheese to make this ultimate mac and cheese recipe!
Adam and I almost never finish off a jar of nacho cheese after we bake nachos--we always end up throwing the leftover cheese into the fridge and then forget about it. While I was cleaning out the back of our fridge the other day, I found a jar of leftover cheese. Since it hadn't expired yet, I wanted to find a way to use it! Scouring our pantry, I found some lumaconi pasta and decided to make this macaroni cheese with our leftover nacho cheese!
Nacho Cheese Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup of lumaconi pasta
- 1/2 cup of nacho cheese (cheddar)
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup of Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of low-fat milk
- Boil the pasta in a medium stovetop pot. Drain the pot and set aside.
- In a separate large pot, melt the cheeses and milk together on low-medium heat. Stir often.
- Once the cheese and milk is melted together, pour the cooked pasta over the cheese. Stir in the pasta well until it's covered completely in cheese.
- Serve while it's nice and hot and enjoy!
What would you make with leftover nacho cheese?