Easter is going to be extra special this year.
Adam and I are actually going to spend Easter with family this year! I know, it sounds kind of strange to not spend the holidays with family--but we haven't seen this side of our family in over a year, so it will be a really nice change of pace!
Since we got the news that we'd be spending Easter with family, I have been trying to think up some fun ways I can help out with Easter dinner. I'm not too sure yet what we're having for the main course, so I have been brainstorming on some cutesy and easy ways to whip up a quick dessert. Looking in my pantry, I saw that I had a few bags of speckled, white chocolate candy melts--and that's when I thought of making this candy bark recipe! This Easter Egg Candy Bark is brightly-colored with pops of pastel colors, whimsical, and an easy-to-make treat for Easter Sunday (or any kind of cute Spring dessert, for that matter!)
Easter Egg Candy Bark
- 40 ounces of speckled white chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup of M&M's® Easter Sundae
- 1/2 cup of pastel sprinkles
- 1/4 cup of Easter-themed candy accents (e.g. bunny silhouettes and speckled eggs)
- Prepare a large baking sheet by adding a layer of parchment paper that covers the entire pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt white chocolate and shredded coconut on low heat. Stir often. The melting process can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate and coconut is completely melted and smooth, quickly remove from heat and pour onto the parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Smooth out the chocolate so that it is an even layer across the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle in the mini marshmallows, sprinkles, Easter-themed candy accents, and M&M's® Easter Sundae.
- Cool the candy bark in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator once it's completely cooled, and then chop up the Easter Egg Candy Bark into 2-3 inches wide pieces.
When I think about Easter treats, I can't help but think of bright colors and sweet recipes! That is exactly why I made my Easter Egg Candy Bark as boldly colored and fun as I could--the combination of candy combined in this bark is both playful and delicious!
M&M's® Easter Sundae totally tastes like an ice cream sundae! When we first got our bag of M&M's® Easter Sundae, Adam and I wondered if it would taste like white chocolate or something really fruity--nope! It tasted just like a sundae!
M&M's® Easter Sundae would be the perfect addition to our Easter Egg Candy Bark! It brings in some great flavors the rest of my treats don't quite have--as much as we love the nonpareils sprinkles bunnies and Easter egg candies for their Easter-themes, the M&M's® Easter Sundae is the winning flavor in this candy bark recipe.
Coconut and marshmallow are two of my other favorite Easter dessert flavors--a few years ago, I made Easter bunny cupcakes sprinkled with coconut grass and every year they have been a hit!
Since we'll be spending time with some of our family this Easter, I should probably start thinking about if we should be bringing an Easter basket filled with other goodies packed inside!
Walmart had an overwhelming amount of choices to pick from when I went down the street to pick up our M&M's® Easter Sundae. Don't get me wrong, it's a good kind of overwhelming, but let's just say that their Seasonal aisle was the fullest I've ever seen it! There were lots of goodies to choose from!
If you want to try M&M's® Easter Sundae you'll want to head down to Walmart very soon, since they are exclusively being sold at Walmart for only a limited time. While you're there, you can pick up all of these other Easter basket goodies we also bought including a: 8oz M&M’s® Easter Sundae, 12oz DOVE® Milk Chocolate Easter Bunny, 12oz Starburst® Original Jellybeans, a Skittles® $1 egg, a Skittles® $1 tube, and a 4.5
Other ideas for your Easter basket fillers may include the 23.5
oz Easter Mixed Brand Chocolates with SNICKERS®, DOVE®, M&M’s®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, 3 Musketeers®, some 11oz Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate, and even Hubba Bubba® $1 Bubble Tape from Walmart.