Adam and I take weekly date night seriously! And we have for the last (almost) five years of our marriage.
Especially since we do not have children, we haven't found a good excuse to not make time to date each other at least one night out of the week. For us, date night is a time when we try to unplug from work and just spend time together doing something different from our regular day-to-day routine. Sometimes, we spend our date night building a romantic indoor fort, and then sometimes when we have the funds to go out to eat we may visit our favorite local wine bar or even go to a painting party. But this week we're being extra careful to stay within our budget, so we decided to cook a meal together and we enjoyed this one pan egg noodle stir fry recipe!
Thai Curry Egg Noodles
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon of curry powder
- 4-6 mushrooms
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 cups of egg noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups of chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Grind up the ginger, cilantro, garlic, and curry powder. Dice and grind it up on medium speed until it's almost a paste-like texture (see images).
- Pan fry the mushroom and broccoli in a large stovetop pan with a small amount of oil. While you're cooking the mushroom and broccoli, toss in the garlic/powder mixture and stir everything together.
- Once the mushroom and broccoli is cooked, turn the heat down to low. Allow it to cool completely.
- Pour in the broth and the remainder of the ingredients along with the egg noodles.
- Bring the pan to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, stir the ingredients and then turn the heat down to low. Cover the pan and allow it to sit for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Continue to let the pan cook the noodles until they are soft and have soaked up the broth.