This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #ExpressUrSelfie #CollectiveBias
Comfort food. It's something we all need to lean on sometimes.
Without getting into too many dramatic details, let's just say that this week has been a difficult one for me. I have some really high-pressure choices that I need to make by the end of the week and I am still completely unsure of what I am going to do! Weighing the pros and cons of demanding choices could be tough for anyone, but this time around, I am really struggling to keep it together. My mental health this week is questionable at best, and regrettably I have been really grumpy and taking it out on Adam. Not cool, I know, but it's the truth. Needless to say, after I had a big bowl of pasta with some Coca-Cola™ and listened to some music I immediately felt better afterwards. Who knows? Maybe I have just been "hangry" this whole time!
If you are interested to see which pasta recipe cured my "hanger," I'm sharing the tutorial on how to make this one pan, three cheese penne pasta dinner that is packed with creamy parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheese on the blog!
One Pan, Three Cheese Penne Pasta Dinner
- 12 oz of dried penne pasta
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (chicken broth is okay, too)
- 4 oz of tomato cream pasta sauce
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- Fill a large, non-stick skillet with pasta and broth.
- Heat the skillet and let it come to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, stir the skillet and turn the heat down to low. Cover the skillet and allow the pasta to cook for 10-15 minutes (checking repeatedly until the pasta soaks up the broth and softens).
- Once the pasta is fully cooked and the excess broth is gone, stir in the pasta sauce.
- Keeping the skillet on low heat, mix in the three different cheeses until it all starts to melt.
- Enjoy your comfort food pasta dinner with a cold Coca-Cola!
Comfort food is definitely a quick fix when I'm having a tough day. But you know what else is capable of quickly transforming my mood? Music.
I have a playlist for almost any situation stored on my phone and on my computer. Some of my go-to playlists that I listen to on a regular day include:
- wake up playlist
- stay focused playlist
- workout playlist
- get inspired playlist
- get happy playlist
- wind down playlist
Each playlist depicts a part of my day and helps me quickly switch gears between tasks and simultaneously boosts my mood. I've had my "get happy playlist" on repeat basically since Monday morning. Earlier this week after I picked up a bottle of Coca-Cola at my local Safeway while doing my regular grocery shopping, I added the song "Lean on Me" to my "get happy playlist" that is packed with other songs I find through the Shazaam app on my iPhone (i.e. songs that talk about friendship, love and support, things to be thankful for, cheerfulness, etc).
I have a love for good music and Coca-Cola, and today, I'm excited to share how you can enter to win the Share A Coke And A Song Sweepstakes!
How to Enter the Share A Coke And A Song Sweepstakes
Enter to win the Share a Coke Sweepstakes at cokeplaytowin.com/shareacokesweepstakes for a chance to win tickets to the American Music Awards and more.
Other Prizes Include:
- wireless headphones
- wireless speakers
- 1-year premium music membership
- $50 iTunes Gift Card
Other Posts You May Like: