This recipe is brought to you by Mezzetta.
At the start of the month, I began my very first food journal.
Long story short, I had an epiphany not too long ago about my health and since then have been making smarter decisions about what I eat (or don't eat). Adam has also been following suit and overall we've had a pretty healthy diet these last 3 weeks or so. I've lost 17 pounds since I started this and I physically feel better. Much of what goes into what we do on a daily basis is making small changes over the course of time that add up to significant progress--we don't deny ourselves sweets. We don't deny ourselves snacks. And we don't deny ourselves something hearty and delicious from the grill.
Grilling is fun and makes it totally easy to eat better--sure, we've cut down on red meat a bit, but I've enjoyed coming up with unique chicken recipes to keep things interesting (eating chicken almost every day can get pretty boring). Recently, we started stuffing some chicken breasts with veggies and other condiments from our fridge to keep our grilled dinners interesting. The other day, I stuffed some chicken with spinach and peperoncini and snapped a few pics really quickly with my iPhone to share this recipe with you!
|Click here to enter the $500 grilling sweepstakes|
Spinach and Peperoncini Stuffed Grilled Chicken
- Boneless chicken breast
- A small handful of spinach leaves
- 1 or 2 Mezzetta Golden Greek Peperoncinis
- A pinch of onion powder
- A pinch of garlic powder
- Cooking twine
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken, and then tenderize the meat.
- Cut a few pieces of twine that are at least 6 inches long.
- Lay the chicken on a flat surface, and place a few pieces of spinach leaves and peperoncini in the middle. Roll the chicken up towards the middle, and then use the twine to hold the chicken together. Tie a tight knot.
- Bring the chicken out to the grill, and then grill the chicken until it is cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
What was the last thing you cooked on the grill?