Adam and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this week!
Our love is fervent and our life is fruitful! Here's to 50 more years! I love you, Adam!
For a good part of the first year of our marriage, Adam and I were beyond stressed and unhappy.
The honeymoon phase lasted all of 2 days after our wedding day, and then we were back to our typical day-to-day anxieties and wondering if we'd be able to have enough money to buy food after paying our rent. Mind you, since we spent the money we received from our friends and family from our wedding on bills because we were struggling so much financially, we never took a honeymoon/vacation until a whole year after our wedding day.
We loved each other very much, but our living situation was unbearable at best and we felt like we could barely keep our heads above water. When we came home from work we fought, we argued, and we expressed our concern for our happiness. After our first wedding anniversary passed, I felt as though things were not getting any better and we began talking about our future. The "what ifs" gave us hope as we signed off checks we weren't sure would clear, and we clung unto the hope of a better life until the day Adam selflessly agreed to move to Arizona with me where I knew we could make a better life for us.
5 years of growing together as a couple. As a unit. And we have also spent five years growing as individuals because of one another.
Today, I am happy to say that Adam and I have found happiness. I would even go so far as to say that Adam and I have rediscovered the honeymoon phase! Sure, we have the occasional argument or financial struggle like any other couple, but we are both living a life we enjoy together and we are both as passionate now as we have ever been toward each other!
Check out the features from this week:
Frozen Chocolate Dipped Bacon Bananas from Geeks who Eat
Eight Inspirational Printables from I Should Be Mopping the Floor
Pitcher Perfect Lemonade from Giggles Galore
Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant from Cooking with Curls
If you were featured and would like a button--you can save our logo to your computer if you'd like:
Our Mini Linky Party
Our party will start every Saturday at 6am PST and run through Wednesday at midnight PST. The party links are in random order, so you can come add your links even if you're a little bit late to the party!
- Family-friendly posts only (alcohol is OK).
- No Giveaway-only posts allowed in link-up.
- You may share up to 2 blog posts per party!
- Be courteous to other bloggers participating and visit other posts linked up!
- Have fun & be sure to follow us whichever way you prefer so you can come visit us again!
- By participating in this link party, you agree to allow me to add your email to our newsletter list which includes a weekly reminder to join the latest link party. By linking up, you are giving us permission to feature your photos and project on our blog and social media channels (with proper credit, of course!)
Thanks so much for joining us! Be sure to check back next week!