Ironically enough, Adam and I got a ton of work done over labor day weekend!
Adam worked every day over the weekend, and I finally got around to finishing up a few projects I had left on my to-do list. This was one of the first weeks in a while we didn't exactly have a date night--however, on Friday morning, Adam spent his morning off with me climbing Papago Park and we sat up in the "hole in the rock" near the Phoenix airport and enjoyed the view (which was really nice!)
On Sunday afternoon, I had little to no time to go grocery shopping and didn't have it in me to order takeout food. I have been doing well and eating better to stay on track with some of my health goals, so I did my best to come up with some sort of comfort food that was delicious, but also limited on what we already had in our refrigerator. The end result? I made us some steak and cheese stuffed bell peppers for lunch!Steak n' Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 8 servings of pre-cooked sliced beef or beef steak (we prefer Castle Wood Reserve® Angus Seasoned Roast Beef Top Round since we almost always have it in our fridge)
- 8 servings of Castle Wood Reserve® Natural Pepper Jack Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees (F) and heat up a large stovetop skillet to medium heat.
- Chop up the mushrooms and yellow onion, and sauté them in the stovetop skillet in coconut oil (or your preferred method to sauté).
- Carve the center and seeds out of the bell peppers, and stuff them with slices of beef and cheese. Stuff the cooked mushroom and onion into the peppers, and top with more beef and cheese as needed.
- Heat the peppers in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Castle Wood Reserve® pre-packaged meats and cheeses from Walmart are great for lunch sandwiches, but they are even better for last minute meal prep for the whole family! Between now and October 31, you can earn $1.75 off meat, $0.50 off cheese, and $0.75 bonus for buying both Castle Wood Reserve® products with Ibotta while supplies last.
Don't forget to save this recipe to Pinterest and Yummly!