These chorizo egg muffins are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast all week long! Thanks to our friends at NatureSweet for partnering with us on this egg muffin recipe!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Mexican chorizo was one of the first foods I tried when I first moved to Arizona and I've been obsessed with it ever since. This spicy, ground meat sausage is perfect in so many dishes and can be served alongside breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The first time I tried Mexican chorizo was in a sandwich slider packed with cheese, cilantro, salsa verde, and tomato. It was divine! I've been hooked on trying to find ways to enjoy chorizo in my meals since--it makes a great pizza topping, pasta protein, and is delicious in sandwiches, burritos, and even with eggs.
One of my favorite ways to prepare my weekday breakfast is with egg muffins. I like to spend time on Sunday night preparing these muffins and storing them in the fridge, so Adam and I can grab a muffin to heat up and have breakfast on-the-go. These chorizo egg muffins with green onions, cheese, and tomato are a wonderful quick and easy breakfast packed with protein and full of flavor!
When I was grocery shopping at Safeway the other day, I saw these bizarre-looking tomatoes in the produce section and had to check them out. These are NatureSweet Eclipses and they are unique tomatoes that are bold with a deep shade of red and deep flavor that pairs great with the chorizo egg muffins! The NatureSweet Eclipses are greenhouse grown and exclusive to NatureSweet, since they are the only ones who make this tomato variety. If you happen to see them at Safeway or your local grocery store, definitely pick them up and give them a try since they are so unique!
Chorizo Egg Muffin Breakfast On-The-Go
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of pork chorizo, cooked
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of green onions
- 1 NatureSweet Eclipses tomato
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Spray or grease a 12 muffin tin and set aside.
- Crack and whip the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop up the green onions and tomato (removing the seeds) and scoop them into the mixing bowl with the eggs.
- Scoop the cooked ground chorizo and shredded cheese into the bowl and mix well.
- Fill the muffin tins with the mixed ingredients about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the egg muffins in the oven at 350 degrees (F) for 25-30 minutes, or until the egg muffins are fully cooked.
- Either serve immediately or store them in the refrigerator to be reheated later.
These egg muffins are wonderful when reheated! Use a freezer-friendly food storage bag and store them until you're ready to enjoy them for breakfast throughout the week-- it's meal prep made easy!
Don't forget to save this recipe to Pinterest or Yummly!